Best Cancer Doctors in Bangalore
نمی دانم از کجا شروع کنم؟
- با پزشک خانه ما صحبت کنید
- پاسخی را طی چند دقیقه 5 دریافت کنید
An oncologist is a physician who has expertise in oncology, a branch of medicine that deals with the study of cancer, and treats cancer to provide medical aidto a person diagnosed with cancer.
Depending upon the three major areas in the field of oncology, i.e. medical, surgical, and radiation, there exist three main oncologists that treat cancer cases, which include:
• Medical oncologist that treats cancer using medications or chemotherapy, such as targeted therapy or immunotherapy.
• Surgical oncologistthat treats cancer by removing the diseased part to obstruct its proliferation to other parts.
• Radiation oncologist that treats cancer using radiation therapy.
The other significant oncologists are: gynecologic oncologist- that addresses and treats gynecological cancers, pediatric oncologist- that treats cancer in children, hematologist-oncologist- that diagnose and treats blood cancer. These multi-disciplinary oncologists work together with an aim to provide comprehensive cancer care to patients plagued with cancerous growths.
For a successful oncological treatment, a lot depends on the hospital, from where it gets treated and on the oncologists involved.
Bangalore is the hub of several experienced and skilled oncologists that provide ace oncological treatment, which is at par with global standards, to offer best chance to patients to fight this deadly disease.
To ease the find of Best Cancer Doctors in Bangalore, a consolidated list is given above.
پرسش و پاسخ
Who are oncologists?
Oncologists are physicians who study oncology, a branch of medicine that deals in the diagnosis and treatment of cancerous growths using different approaches.
What are the different specialties that oncologists work for?
There are mainly three specialists in the field of oncology, which includes:
• Medical oncology: This branch of oncology focuses on the treatment of cancer using chemotherapy or other medications. Oncologists that specialize in the given discipline are called medical oncologists.
• Radiation oncology: This branch of oncology concentrates on the treatment of cancer using radiation therapy and the specialists of the given discipline are called radiation oncologists.
• Surgical oncology: This branch of oncology emphasizes on the treatment of cancer using surgery and the specialists that deal in the concerned discipline are called surgical oncologists.
What are the necessary qualifications to become a credible oncologist?
To become oncologist and later a specialist in a particular discipline- medical, surgical and radiation; the study and training is extensive.
• A prerequisite 4 years in medical school to earn an MD
• Postgraduate training, obtained through internships or residencies
• An exam to get license to legally practice in the state
• Certification by an independent specialty board
• Subspecialists in medical oncology, radiation oncology or surgical oncology must have at least 1 additional year of training
What should be looked for in a cancer specialist?
Following aspects should be looked for in a cancer specialist:
• Experience: Ask your specialist as for how many cases has he treated over his career in the specific type of cancer that you are suffering with to know about the overall experience he has in treating the cancerous condition.
• Well trained: To know whether the cancer specialist is well trained, look for his degrees and the institutes he has got them from to know the quality of exposure and knowledge he has.
• Board certification: A board certification ensures that the oncologist has pursued training in a particular specialty of cancer treatment such as, radiation oncology, surgical oncology or medical oncology and is highly qualified in its practice.
• Openness: It is one of the prime and decisive factor in choosing a specialist than any other aspects. One should feel that the doctor is listening and answering queries, during as well as post the treatment.
How to find a cancer specialist?
• You may ask your general physician to refer some cancer specialists’ name.
• You may check in with your known ones who’ve got treated or getting treatment in Bangalore for cancer.
• Or you may visit Medmonks website to get unified list of top oncologists in Bangalore with detailed bio and patients’ reviews.
What are the possible cancer treatments?
Some possible treatments include the following:
• شیمی درمانی
• عمل جراحي
• Radiation Therapy
• Targeted Therapy
• Precision Medicine
• Hormone Therapy
• Immunotherapy to Treat Cancer
• Stem Cell Transplant
Which is the best scan to detect cancer?
There are two scans that are best to detect cancer, which include:
• PET (positron emission tomography) scan: Radioactive material is injected into the body and collects in areas with cancer.
• CT (computed tomography) scan: Takes many X-ray pictures of the body.